Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happily Reflecting


 Could it be possible that I fall in love more and more everyday?  I spent the weekend cooking new dishes with my honey, having some quality time, and making out.  Every time I look at him I feel like I am even more connected than the previous moment. I thought about it when a friend of mine from work was talking about all of the things that go wrong in her new relationship of 7month.  She was asking me how we are so "perfect".  Yea, I couldn't believe it either.  US?  Shaina and Robert, perfect?  And as I began to tell her how wrong she was about our relationship, I really started to think about it myself.  The normal reaction is to say "What the hell  We aren't perfect?", but really and truly, I couldn't think of anything I would like to add or remove from our relationship.  No I don't think we are perfect, but for who we are and what we are trying to do, I think we are as perfect as we can get.  We understand each other, and what we dont understand, we work to figure it out.  That's the thing... we WORK.  No matter how hard it gets, we work it out.  That's what makes a relationship work.  And that's what I told her.  No quick fixes, no easy button, just knowing that you want to be a better person for someone.  And that takes time.  Anyway, I loved my weekend.  I think I'm done with my excretion of emotion for tonight.  Going to bed happy as I always do.  For the first time in a long time I'm happy every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me Your Rants...