- I am in a New Country and getting a chance to do what so many other people can only dream of.
- I may not be losing weight as fast as I want, but I have noticed some other habits: I never eat to capicity, and without even realizing that I dont. I always stop eating a while before I get that I'm-so-full-I-might-explode feeling, and I almost always choose the activity that will increase my energy exertion, like walking even when its too damn hot! I also havent GAINED any weight... Hello...thats awesome! Not -10 pounds, but life choices that I am proud to say I have made. It really is a constant battle.
- I no longer need constant external stimulation. Once upon a time I was ALWAYS on FB, Twitter, the internet, or the phone. Now, I find that I like the sound of my own mental voice and I dont mind just spending time with me. No talking no world!
- I can run faster/longer than I have in a long time!
- My boyfriend and I are truly friends. Not just in the bullshit way that people say, but we truly have a good friendship. We laugh uncontrollably ALL the time. We understand each other. And we just love being around each other. Not talking or doing anything, sometimes just lying and being. I feel so lucky to be with someone who is truly made for me. "You my rib girl" lol Head over heels in love.
- I feel like my relationship with God is closer than it has been in a while. I find myself really appreciating and thanking him for the most minute things that I have in my life. I may not shout it from the mountain tops, but I love God and I am so thankful for the life he has given me, even the drama :)
- I have great friends in Korea. Even though I am the more "reserved" Shaina here, I feel like I am really loved by the people I'm surrounded by. Who knows, maybe its time for reserved shaina to be "ONLY" shaina.
- I'm learning french, and its going great. Once I get to London I will be taking a trip to Paris and I cant wait to use my beautiful new language.
- Wait...umm... I'm moving to ENGLAND! Did I say that? I've kind of been keeping it on the LOW on GP(inside joke lol) but since I'm pretty much the only person who reads my blog I think its a safe bet! But yes, in June '11 I am moving with my sweetie into our apartment. (Notice how emphasized our is) I am extremely nervous about this move. Robert and Shaina...not only in the same country but in the same house??? Yea a little freaked out, but I know us, and we might have some rocky patches, but we will be great in the end...we always are :)
- And last, but most certainly not least, I love my job. Yea there is bullshit, but there is bullshit with every job. My work load is NOTHING like it was in the USA. I am practically chillin everyday all day. I love it. And I love the kids. Basically its a dream.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
10 things to be happy about...
Since my arrival in Korea, I can honestly say that the words "Happy" and "Shaina" have gone hand in hand. I have pretty much been a great big ball of excitement because of everything that I have been experiencing, but this week has been hectic. The arrival of my moon enemy/friend (depending on my activities that month lol) and the situation with my car have left me feeling drained and down, but I refuse to stay that way. The Shaina that arrived in January of 2010 is a beautiful, happy, and forgiving person and I am just writing this to remind myself why (writing is so therapeutic)