No matter which language it's spoken in or where in the world you are, Water is the best thing you can put in your body, but for some reason it can be hard as hell to get in what you need. The average person does NOT know how much water they need in their bodies on a daily basis.
The body is made up of between 55%- 75% water and is in need of constant replenishing. If I could have my way, I would just sit under the faucet with my mouth open because I know all the benefits of drinking water constantly through out my day.
- Transports nutrients and oxygen into cells
- Moisturizes the air in lungs
- Helps with metabolism (and mine SUCKS)
- Protect our vital organs
- Helps our organs to absorb nutrients better
- Regulates body temperature
- Protect and moisturizes our joints
- Helps us lose weight (DING DING DING)
- Scale not looking so good??? That's because when you drink too little water you actually RETAIN water. Yep that's right! If you are retaining water you will gain weight and the only way to get rid of it is to double up on your intake!!!
Now with that said, I know that it can be hard to sit around and sip on water if you are extremely busy during the day, but there are ways to remember. When I first began the weightloss journey I used several tricks to remind myself to drink water all day long. Here are a few--
- I wear bracelets on one hand and every time I finish a bottle of water I move 1 bracelet to the other arm. At the end of the day I have to have them all on the other hand!
- Drink a whole bottle or two before you leave in the morning
- Drink a bottle everytime you go to the bathroom (water sound will remind you)
- Use a pop-up reminder on your computer.
- Send yourself an e-mail reminder.
- Set a phone alarm
- Drink during every commercial break
- Fill up your 2 liter bottle and finish it before lunch then make it through another liter or 2 by the end of the night.
|Even the fishies can't get enough!|